From my weekly budget of £20, I have spent:
- £4.50 – chocolate and ice cream (a bribe to reward myself after working on my dissertation)
- £2.90 – crisps and creme caramel (more study bribes)
- £2.00 – Pear and almond chocolate (testing a new flavour, it wasn’t good!)
- £1.18 – soy milk for work
Total – £10.58
I will put £9.42 against savings.
Last week was proof of the idea that you only have a certain amount of willpower to go round. While I was forcing myself to study, plans to exercise and eat healthily went out of the window!
From my outstanding Christmas present money of £71.50 (plus a little bit of eBay profit), I have spent:
- £72.97 – a secondhand Nono hair removal device from eBay. I bought one in 2011, also from eBay, an older model for around £105. It has now broken so I wanted to replace it and I was happy with this price. If this one lasts even 1.5 years (half of what the older model did), it will be cheaper than what I would spend on hair removal cream in the same period. Plus, the eBay price represents a saving of around 60% compared to buying new from the Nono store.