How did I do with last week’s wishes?
Weekly wishes for 14/07/14:
- eBay: advertise 10 items for sale. I relisted four items but didn’t list any new items. 40% completed.
- Mindfulness: practise mindfulness during the walk to work each morning. I did this twice, it was surprisingly difficult. 40% completed.
- Complete one primal sprint session. Not done.
- Complete morning routine five times. Done twice.
- Record eating habits on myfitnesspal five times. Done once.
Last week I realised that I had finished one set of obligations and had immediately started setting up a new load of obligations, by giving myself a very rigid routine of tasks which needed to be completed each day. I want to cut down on that feeling of doing things because I have to, and move towards a state of wanting to do the majority of things that I do. Mark Forster wrote about something like this in his book “How to make your dreams come true”, where he describes a feeling of being irresistibly pulled towards goals rather than pushing himself towards them. To that end, I’ve decided to set at least one “fun” goal each week and to take a more mix-and-match approach to my healthy habits. Rather than aiming to complete every aspect every day, I’ve put a list below of things I’d like to do each week, and will aim to complete five per day. Walking to work lets me already complete two on weekdays, so it seems achievable, but also leaves room for days when I don’t feel like doing much.
- Walk for 20 minutes.
- Complete one primal sprint session.
- Complete a long and steady run.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Do 10-minute yoga session.
- Do 15-minutes semi-supine and Alexander Technique affirmations.
- Do 10-minute writing meditation session.
- Enter meals on MyFitnessPal.
- Do 30-minute strength training session.
- Do 10-minute strength training session.
- Practise mindfulness during a daily activity.
- Do 10-minute mindfulness meditation session.
- Eat under 150g carbohydrates in a day (Mark Sisson’s recommendation)
This week’s weekly wishes are:
- Contact new double-glazer re quote.
- Watch three foreign films through Amazon Prime.
- Clean house.