July was my month 2 of trying to spend as little as possible on entertainment. I think I did pretty well, as I spent a lot of time reading books from the local library at zero cost to me.
In terms of free entertainment and my originally stated goals, I
- worked on an existing craft project for which I didn’t need to buy anything.
- put more free craft items for sale on eBay.
- went to two language meetups, three knit groups and met friends three times, for under £10.
- had a free walk around London in the sunshine (travel paid by Work).
- kept watching free online TV and also used a free Amazon Prime trial.
- borrowed around 10 books from the local library.
- used Memrise to study languages for free.
So this month’s total spend on fun was:
- £1.99 – postage of two letters (taken from eBay profits)
- £6.55 – meal at one knit group
- £1.00 – drink at one language meetup