August was month 3 of trying to spend as little as possible on entertainment. This month’s fun activities were:
- drove to Lichfield for a short visit (there will be a cost for fuel and car wear-and-tear but no physical cash outlay at the time).
- worked on an existing craft project for which I didn’t need to buy anything.
- sold more craft items for sale on eBay.
- went to two language meetups, one knit group and met friends four times, for under £15.
- kept watching free online TV and also used a free Amazon Prime trial.
- borrowed around 8 books from the local library.
- used Memrise and CDs from the library to study languages for free.
- used Headspace for a free trial of meditation and then continued with an online interval timer for free.
- went for walks in the local area and parks at the weekend.
So this month’s total spend on fun was:
- Leaving lunch with work colleagues – £5.35
- Coffees with a friend – £4.70
- Snack at language meetup – £0.70
- Postage for letters – £4.00 roughly (taken from eBay profits)