Last week’s wishes: 08/09/14:
- Alexander Technique: go for an introductory lesson. 100% completed and I have signed up for another block of four. I practised standing and sitting, and learned that I contract my neck when I stand up, leading to various tilting motions throughout the body!
- Family: spend weekend with extended family. 100% completed, I went to a dinner and a christening, and had a good catch-up with my grandparents and a quick chat with aunts, uncles and cousins.
- Book: Read something by a new (to me) author recommended by a friend. 100% completed – I actually read two books: “Doppler” by Erlend Loe (highly recommended and very funny) and “Mother Night” by Kurt Vonnegut (depressing but also thought-provoking, and funny in places). I’m looking for more book recommendations and plan to try an author recommended by one of my grandparents this week.
- Dust: Polish the flat surfaces around the house. 100% completed, I did a full dust, vacuum and mop on Saturday morning so the house looked pristine before I went away. My husband and I are both away separately this weekend, so I hope it will stay relatively ordered for a couple of weeks.
- Walk for 20 minutes. Mon x 2, Tues x 2, Weds x 2, Thurs x 2, Fri x 2.
- Complete one primal sprint session. X
- Complete a long and steady run. X
- Go for a bike ride. X
- Do 10-minute yoga session. X
- Do 15-minutes semi-supine and Alexander Technique affirmations. Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs
- Do 10-minute writing meditation session. Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat
- Enter meals on MyFitnessPal. Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs
- Do 30-minute strength training session. X
- Do 10-minute strength training session. X
- Practise mindfulness during a daily activity. Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
- Do 10-minute mindfulness meditation session. Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri
- Eat under 150g carbohydrates in a day. X
- Think of 3 things I’m grateful for. Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri
- Think of 3 grateful things about my marriage. Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri
- Do Wii Fit balance exercises. Mon
Weekly wishes for 15/09/14
- Trip. Set and keep to a reasonable budget while away with friends at the weekend.
- Alexander Technique. Attend a lesson and be aware of how I’m standing and sitting during the week.
- Emails. This is becoming a real danger area for procrastination, so I want to reply to three emails this week.
- Book. Read a library book before Friday so that I can return it before it’s due to be renewed while I’m away on Saturday.