This is a fairly expensive month as I went on holiday (partly paid for out of money received for birthday and Christmas, partly from money saved up during the year). This month’s fun activities were:
- worked on existing craft projects for which I didn’t need to buy anything: knitted top started in February.
- went to 1 language meetup (£1.50).
- kept watching free online TV (YouTube and BBC iPlayer).
- borrowed books from the local library (continuing to work through Book Challenges on Facebook).
- travelled to Birmingham to meet my mum and sister (£3.80 metro ticket).
- had lunch with my mum and sister (my sister paid).
- spent Easter with my family.
- went to a local Easter fete for charity (£2.00)
- went for dinner with my parents (they paid).
- continued meditating sporadically, as well as practising mindfulness.
- listened to a lot of music on YouTube.
- travelled to London for a training course (Tickets and refreshments paid for by work).
- went on holiday to Copenhagen for seven days inc. travel.
- visited the towns of Helsingor, Hillerod and Roskilde while in Denmark.
- studied languages using Memrise.
- downloaded emagazines through the library and Zinio app.
- continued using Happify free version to improve my state of mind.
- went to a wedding.
- had breakfast with a friend (£2.80)
- went to Birmingham, visited the library, a museum and a gallery (free entry, ticket paid for by work).
- visited a friend at her house
So this month’s total spend on fun was:
- £3.80 – metro ticket
- £2.00 – cake for my sister and raffle ticket at charity fair
- £51.98 – return flight to Copenhagen
- £22.00 – return train ticket to Manchester airport
- £133.79 – accommodation for six nights in a Copenhagen hostel
- £103.98 – Danish currency for food and incidentals
- £77.35 – Copenhagen card – all travel and entry tickets for five days
- £2.80 – breakfast
- £1.50 – drink at language meetup