From my weekly budget of £20, I have spent:
- £1.95 – snack during a day-long event for work. I thought lunch was provided so didn’t bring my own. By the time I realised it wasn’t the case, it was too late to get a proper meal somewhere and I felt bad about claiming a snack from work so just paid on my own account.
- £3.95 – hot drink and cake at the same event. I had to wait around a while between meetings and was hungry after not having a proper lunch.
- £2.05 – hot drink while meeting a friend.
- £1.00 – chocolate (aka dinner on the way home after another off-site work meeting)
Total £8.95, £11.05 into savings
From my present budget (£350/year, currently £335) I spent £10 on a contribution to my dad’s birthday present from my siblings and me.
From our eating out budget (I topslice the food budget and set money aside for meals out for family occasions), we spent £20 on meals and drinks with my husband’s family for two birthday celebrations.
- My husband did some shopping but didn’t show me the receipt so I don’t have details, I know he bought some fruit and vegetables though.
Subtotal – £9.20
- Washing powder – £4.00
- Olives – £2.50
- Pork – £2.07
- Lemons – £1.50
- Cauliflower – £1.00
- Sauerkraut- £1.10
- Kale – £1.00
Subtotal – £13.17
2 bottles of coconut aminos – would have cost £20.43 but I used Amazon gift card points
Subtotal – £0.00
Total – £22.37
Running total for May – monthly budget £150, £22.37 spent, £127.63 remaining.