Day 16 – 22/05/15 – energy ok, digestion bad in the morning but improved during the day.
- Breakfast: 1.5 eggs, spinach, cinnamon, salt and black pepper cashews (I went out without breakfast and ended up buying the cashews as a snack and then having an omelette at a friend’s house)
- Lunch: pork loin, sauteed kale and olives, Whole30 sriracha (I made it with normal red peppers so it was quite mild)
- Dinner: pork loin, Whole30 sriracha
Day 17 – 23/05/15 – energy good, digestion bad in the morning but improved during the day. I had some very strong sugar cravings in the afternoon.
- Breakfast: Beef curry, olives, artichokes
- Lunch: turkey stir fry strips, peppers, mushrooms, 2 eggs
- Dinner: roast duck and skin, sriracha
Day 18 – 24/05/15 – energy ok, digestion bad in the morning and evening but ok inbetween. This is more-or-less what happened during my Whole30 trial, so I find it a bit demotivating because the point of Whole30, for me, is to identify the foods I can and can’t eat, and thereby heal my digestion.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs, beef mince, sweet potato, caramelised onions (no sugar, just olive oil)
- Lunch: pork loin, artichokes, olives, sriracha
- Dinner: pork loin, olives
Day 19 – 25/05/15 – energy ok; I got up 1.5 hours later than usual, but that may just be the end of a long weekend resetting my body clock. Digestion relatively bad again.
- Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, beef mince, gherkin, mushrooms
- Lunch: Nicoise salad with sirloin steak (I went out for lunch with my parents and this was literally the only thing on the menu I could eat): tuna, mixed leaves, green beans, olives
- Dinner: Cracklin’ chicken, sweet potato, roasted cabbage, caramelised onion
Day 20 – 26/05/15 – energy good; I slept terribly the night before and expected to be fit for nothing during the day, but actually I felt quite good. Digestion improving. I wasn’t very hungry during the day, I ended up eating my lunch around 3.30pm because I just didn’t think about it before.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs, beef mince, peppers, mushrooms
- Lunch: lamb rump steak, sweet potato, roasted cabbage
- Dinner: Cracklin’ chicken, roasted cabbage, caramelised onion (the last of the onions, not sure what I’m going to do now).