Day 16 – 16/10/15 – I slept well and had good energy during the day. My digestion was bad and I experienced lots of bloating in the afternoon and evening. I was a bit disheartened after doing Whole30 for over two weeks already, then I realised that I must be at the stage of Day 8-9 on the Whole30 timeline. In my previous Whole30s, I haven’t had an experience which closely mirrored the timeline but I have hit certain stages at different points, and I suppose this is what’s happening here. I had gone very much “off the wagon” before starting this Whole30 and had been eating more carbs than usual and a lot more sugar than usual, so I suppose this is why it’s taking a long time to reset my system.
- Breakfast: Eggs, mince, onions
- Lunch: Italian pork, red cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli
- Dinner: Pork chop, spring greens, lime and olive oil dressing
Day 17 – 17/10/15 – I slept well and woke up naturally, with good energy all day. My digestion was still bad with lots of bloating, but better than Day 16.
- Breakfast: Eggs, mince, sauerkraut, avocado
- Lunch: Pork chop, spring greens, mayo, apple
- Dinner: Cracklin’ chicken
Day 18 – 18/10/15 – I slept really well and woke up naturally, with good energy all day. My digestion was quite bad again.
- Breakfast: Cracklin’ chicken, artichokes, mixed fruit and nuts
- Lunch: Pork crackling
- Dinner: Mixed fruit and nuts, apple, carnitas
Day 19 – 19/10/15 – My digestion is still bad and I’m not sure why, I feel like I should be experiencing some Whole30 benefits by now and instead I’m almost back to square 1. My energy is good, at least.
- Breakfast: Eggs, mince, leeks
- Lunch: Carnitas, kale, roasted cashews
- Dinner: Carnitas, sweet potato, rosemary, dried fruit and nuts, apple
Day 20 – 20/10/15 – Still digestion problems, I can’t understand it since I’m not eating any of the usual triggers. I’m starting to think it must be the dried fruit and nuts, which is a problem as they’re an ideal food to travel with and I’m not sure what I could replace them with.
- Breakfast: Eggs, mince, leeks, apple
- Lunch: Carnitas, kale, sweet potato, apple, roasted cashews
- Dinner: steak, artichokes, avocado